As we look forward to the New Year, we would like to begin by saying how very thankful we are for your ongoing support, and your participation in the life of the Art & Design Alumni Association. Simply put, our Alumni Association is stronger, and in a better place because of YOU. Our experience has been a very exciting and a positive one. The alumni directors have sought to forge closer, more meaningful connections with our members, the school, and the students of A&D. We are revitalizing our efforts to create new and exciting programs and events to help support the school, and the students, as well as reconnecting alumni. Here are some of the highlights from 2013:
- Macy’s Shop for a Cause Fundraiser In June, we hosted the Macy’s Shop for a Cause Fundraiser. By donating $5, Macy’s offered a 25% discount coupon on all purchases for that special day. We raised $2,205.
- Give With Target In September, we participated in Give With Target’s $5 million campaign to help A&D receive funding. Although we got off to a slow start, we quickly gained momentum, and within a week, we secured 4th place for the borough of Manhattan. With your help, A&D received $616.
- Our new website was launched on November 8th as part of our goal to making improvements towards a better organization. The new website offers more information and will help keep everyone up-to-date on meetings, events and news about what’s happening in the organization and the art world.
- Faculty Meet and Greet On November 22nd, in conjunction with FAD, we co-hosted the Faculty Meet and Greet to introduce the new officers and board members. It was a great turnout with many FAD, alumni and faculty members attending. We were also very pleased to have students from the Architecture department and students who will be participating in the Skills USA program attend. A great night and a wonderful opportunity to discuss how we can all work together to help the students, teachers and school. We will be hosting another event soon.
- Annual Holiday Party and Toy Drive Event on December 17th. And although the weather outside may have been frightful, it didn’t deter our intrepid alumni from participating in the wonderful event. We had a great turnout with some great raffle prizes, donated by several alumni. Additionally, a sophomore student, Gustavo Aravjo, was selected to receive the Minna Gordon Debel Memorial Award. We raised over $1,200 and our story was published in Our Town Newspaper. Click Here: See Event photos
In the coming months, we have several events that are in the works, so please SAVE THE DATES.