THE ART & DESIGN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION and
THE URBAN ARTS DESIGN COMPETITION
School Wide art Competition.
The Art & Design Alumni Association is happy to announce
the 2nd Annual Art & Design’s Urban Arts School Wide Competition of 2017.
Last year’s contest was a great hit!
Students were asked to create a design on a template with a silhouette that mimics a subway car. Out of the submissions, 25 students were awarded a subway car replica donated from ALLCITYSTYLE to put their designs on the train. We had guest Graffiti artists and alumni come in for a panel discussion to judge the competition.
Last year, the winners were 1st place James Dundon, 2nd place Jacob Assell and 3rd Place James Navarro . They were awarded Graffiti art books signed by the writer along with art materials.
This year two new categories have been added to the competition: sneakers and skateboards.
Subway car Line drawings can be picked at Mr. Brian Lee’s Classroom #1124
or Downloaded at the link below.
All City Style Trains were tremendously
popular upon their introduction in 2004. Supported by multiple art shows in New York
San Francisco, London, Paris, Moscow, Melbourne and more. The All City Style trains were
embraced by the street art, fine art and designer toy communities.
The way the competition will work is as follows:
- Art & Design Students will create and design a piece on templates of subway cars, sneakers or skateboards. Templates can be downloaded and printed at: http://www.artdesignalumni.com/subway or Pick up from Mr. B Lee in room 1124
- Design final submission date March 1st given to Mr. B. Lee in room 1124.
- NYC legendary alumni Graff Artists will judge designs the week of March 1st
- Winners will be posted, notified, and announced at the school the week of March 1st
- 30 Student winners will be selected and awarded a 3-dimensional train, pair of sneakers or a skateboard deck on which designs will be painted/primed/sculpted/etc.
- Awarding of the trains, sneakers and skateboard decks will take place at Art & Design on Friday March 10th. A workshop given by Graff artists. Pizza and beverages will be served.
- Of the participants 1st place winners will be chosen from the three contest items in for areas. Trains: “Traditional” and “Out of the Box”. Skateboards “Out of the Box” Sneakers “Out of the Box”
- ALL TRAINS, SNEAKERS AND SKATEBOARD DECKS are DUE Monday APRIL 24th No exceptions. Items not completed MUST be returned.
- All Entries will be on exhibit for the Spring Arts Festival May 1st through May 5th, alongside Alumni Graff Artists.
- Week of May 1st– Special Panel discussions with Alumni Graff Artists. Student and Alumni group showcase and an alumni urban artist silent auction. Winners will be announced after the panel discussion. Silent auction of Alumni and participating Graff Artists.
- *Participants in the competition agree to complete their pieces, adhere to the time lines attend the workshop and exhibit the trains at the Spring Arts Festival.
- Alumni Graff Artist will create a piece for the Silent Auction where the proceeds will go towards supporting the event and prizes.
- All teachers are invited to submit a template of choice to be judged by the students. These will be judged on the evening of the reception.
How to video: